Heartland Legacy Circle
Honoring those extraordinary people who remember CFOIC Heartland through bequests, charitable trusts, and other life income gifts
A few years ago I received a shocking letter in the mail. It was from an attorney’s office. I was apprehensive as I opened the envelope, hoping that I wasn’t being sued. The letter began by informing me that one of our faithful donors, a woman who gave $25 every month, had passed away. My heart was heavy as I realized Israel had lost a dear friend. As I continued reading the letter, I was stunned and then overwhelmed. This wonderful woman had bequeathed close to $50,000 to CFOIC Heartland. This faithful donor had listed CFOIC Heartland as one of ten charities to benefit from her estate, after she provided for her family. She wanted to be sure that she continued to bless Israel long after she was gone.
Her name was Ingrid Hansen and I can tell you that she was an inspiration and a blessing when she gave so faithfully. But upon her death, she left behind a legacy for us all, when she sank her roots deeply into the Land of Israel with her final gift. My only regret is that I was not able to thank Ingrid in person for her immense generosity.
To honor Ingrid’s memory and her dedication to the Land of Israel, we have decided to inaugurate the Heartland Legacy Circle. Ingrid’s gift has been an inspiration to me and I hope she will inspire you as well to consider including CFOIC Heartland in your Will. I invite you to become a member of the Heartland Legacy Circle and in so doing, pledge your life-long support to the Land of Israel.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Heartland Legacy Circle?
- The Heartland Legacy Circle is a special group for anyone who includes CFOIC Heartland as a beneficiary in their Will. Members who have given their permission to list their names are also recognized from time to time in CFOIC Heartland publications. Publicly adding your name to the Heartland Legacy Circle can serve as an encouragement to others to become members. For those who wish to remain anonymous, CFOIC Heartland will always honor that request.
- How do I Join the Heartland Legacy Circle?
- It’s easy, simply include CFOIC Heartland as a charitable beneficiary in your Will.
- Are there annual dues to join the Heartland Legacy Circle?
- Membership involves no dues or obligations of any kind, and membership information is never shared with other organizations.
- Should I notify CFOIC Heartland that I’ve joined the Heritage Circle?
- If you have included CFOIC Heartland in your estate plans, please let us know. We would like to thank you for your generosity, make sure the purpose of your gift is understood, and recognize you as a member of the Heartland Legacy Circle.
- Who do I contact for more information about joining the Heritage Circle?
- If you have not yet included CFOIC Heartland in your estate plans and would like to explore the best options for you and your family, please feel free to contact Kimberly Troup at email@example.com or (800) 647-3344.
What are the benefits of leaving a bequest in my Will?
- A bequest costs nothing now, yet gives you the satisfaction of knowing you have blessed Israel in the future. You retain control of and use of your assets during your lifetime. You may modify your bequest if your circumstances change. Gifts to CFOIC Heartland from your estate are exempt from federal estate taxes.
- How do I include CFOIC Heartland in my Will?
- A bequest to CFOIC Heartland can be made for a specific amount, for a percentage of your estate, or for all or a portion of what is left after you have made bequests to your family. To make a gift to CFOIC Heartland from your estate, you must sign a new will or living trust instrument, add a codicil to your present will, or make an amendment to your present trust instrument.
- Can I use a retirement plan or life insurance policy?
- Yes, you can designate CFOIC Heartland as a beneficiary of a retirement plan or life insurance policy. To do so, contact the retirement plan administrator or life insurance company and complete the appropriate beneficiary designation form.
- How do I designate CFOIC Heartland as a beneficiary in my Will?
- Those considering a bequest to CFOIC Heartland should consult their own legal and tax advisors. The staff at CFOIC Heartland is happy to speak with your advisors as well. CFOIC Heartland’s legal name is: Christian Friends of Israeli Communities. Our federal tax I.D. number is 41-2020104 and the address is: PO Box 50833, Colorado Springs, CO 80949.